A young man turned in an assignment way beyond his normal work level.
Would any of you perhaps recognize this?

He titles it "Santa's Secret Wish".  It goes:

On Christmas Eve,
a young boy with light in his eyes,
looked deep into Santa's, to Santa's surprise,
and said as he nestled on Santa's broad knee,
"I want your secret, tell it to me"

(The boy then asks Santa how he manages to deliver presents to all of
the children on one night all over the world with just a small sack
and one sleigh.  Santa then tells him a secret a that is supposed to
amke him both sad and wise about hungry, desperate homes)
Santa says:
"My sleigh is filled with the happiest stuff,
but for homes where despair lives,
toys aren't enough.
So I tiptoe in, kiss each girl and boy,
and pray with him and her that they'll be given
the joy
Of the Spirit of CHristmas, the spirit that lives
in the hear of the dear child who gets not,
but gives.
If only God hears me and answers my prayer,
when I visit next year, what I will find there
Are homes filled with peace
and with giving and love
And boys and girls gifted with light from above.
But prayers are the best gifts,
the best gifts indeed:
for GOd has a way of meting each need.
(It goes on a little more about how his sack never gets empty, and
then it ends with Santa asking the boy if he will help spread joy to
those who need help.  And of course the little boy says that he will.

I will be doing some searching and see if I can find soemthing, but if
someone recognizes this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Cindy Mitchell

--

Cindy Mitchell