Hi,
here are some of the responses I received on how to save a digital image as a
screen saver.  There are also ideas about making a digital picture into a
desktop image.

Copy the photo to the windows folder and then it will be available as a
choice for desktop on 98.  I don't know about the screen saver, but find the
name of one of your screen savers and locate its folder.  Then put whatever
you want for a screen saver in the same folder.

The way I do it is to open the picture from the digital camera in a
photo editing program such as PhotoStudio or PhotoSuite.  I then save it
as a bitmap file in the Windows folder on my hard drive.  You can then
right click on the desktop, open Properties and select that photo as a
wallpaper for your desktop under the Background tab.

Save a copy of the picture on your hard disk. On an empty spot on the
desktop, right click and choose properties. On the wallpaper tab, click
browse and find the location of your picture. When it's being previewed,
choose apply. I think that will do it....

My Computer
Control Panel
Display
Background
Browse
Open A drive
double click on picture
Apply

If you use MGI Photosuite: On toolbar, go to "Fun" tab while the picture is
open.  Then scroll down to "Set as Windows Screen Saver."
Hope this helps.  There are so many digital programs to use.  I'm sure all
of them have this same type of setting from the toolbar options.

Save the picture as a bmp (not a gif or jpeg. then put
it in the windows/system folder.

Go to your control/display panel - select screen saver
- browse to your windows/system folder and select.

LMS Oakville Elementary School
Mechanicsville, MD   20659