I received three responses to my question and about 30 requests for the =
information.  Here are the three responses I received. =20

You could hire out as a researcher for students, teachers, and anyone else
whose hectic lifestyle makes it impossible for them to do everything they
need to do.

With your IT degree, you could teach people how to use computers on a
one-to-one basis.

Sincerely,
Melanie C. Duncan, M.S.L.S.
Washington Memorial Library, Reference Librarian
Library Journal, Christian Fiction Columnist
The Bookdragon Review, Editor/Publisher=20
http://www.bookdragonreview.com
All opinions expressed are my own.

Free-lance researching, editorial work and proofreading have helped=20
sustain me at various stages in my  career. Did you take "Indexing" in=20
library school?
   Friends have done part-time coverage of reference desks in college,=20
junior college and public libraries, esp. odd times like Sunday afternoons,=
=20
Friday evenings.
   Have you thought about tutoring college students (adult ed students)=20
privately in research skills and writing?

   Consider something totally outside the field, esp. something more=20
"physical" that uses a different part of yur brain...

   Hope you'll post a hit.  Good luck!
Barbara Hull

Barbara Hull
Thomas Edison Vocational Technical High School
165-65 84th Avenue
Jamaica, NY   11432
(718) 297-6580 x1553
fax (718) 658-0365

i Kathy.
I teach as a adjunct professor for Seattle Pacific University in their
distance learning program.  The courses I teach are basically =
correspondence
courses--the students receive the materials, do the work, send it to me.  =
If
they have questions, they call or email me.  I grade the work, send it =
back
if they want and send the grade to the university.  They paid me for
developing the course--per their approval, of course, and they pay me per
credit per student for those registered.
I knew someone who was doing this and asked her how to get involved.  It
simply required contacting them and proposing a class they liked.
Worth a try.
Molly
--=20
Molly Pearson, Librarian
Lakewood Elementary and English Crossing Libraries
Lakewood School District, Lakewood, WA  (north of Seattle)
mapearso@gte.net

--=20
Kathy Geronzin
District Librarian