I absolutely want to agree with Joe, but I want to add middle and secondary
school teachers to the list.  Granted some secondary teachers are only
dealing with one subject, but many others have multiple preps.  When I was a
classroom teacher  in one hellish year I had a grade 9-split-grade 11
Japanese class, a grade 10 Japanese class, a Japanese 11-split- Japanese12
class, an English 11- split - Honours English 11 class, an English 10 class,
a Humanities 10 class, a Communication 11 class, and a Learning Assistance
class.  Other than the Learning Assistance, every class had at least 29
kids, and the Japanese 12 students were preparing for Provincial Exams
(brutally hard ones too.)  As a teacher librarian, I have a lot of duties
and responsibilities, and I work just as hard as I did in the classroom.
But no one can tell me that being a teacher librarian is as stressful as
being a classroom teacher.  Particularly when I think of that one year!

Diane Gallagher-Hayashi
Teacher-Librarian
Stelly's School
Saanich School District (63)
1627 Stelly's Xroad
Saanichton, British Columbia
Canada, V8M 1S8
Diane_Hayashi@sd63.bc.ca
daichan@islandnet.com

"I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a
gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am...I, am a librarian!"
The Mummy