>Del Norte County is where the redwoods meet the sea. A beautiful setting
>for a new Library Media Teacher position.  Kathy Graves has been our
>consultant and we are ready to support a LMT fulltime.  Here is the job
>description.  We are advertising teacher's salary plus stipend for extra
>days.  (Our teacher pay scale is very good). The person needs to apply now
>by calling Rick Holley at (707) 464-0242.  We are open to negotiate.

I'd like to add my comments to this new job opening.

I've been providing consulting services for the Del Norte County Unified
School District for the past 8 years or so (only being able to visit them
3-5 times a year).  In that time some very dedicated and energetic IMC
staff, adminstrators,teachers and library clerks/volunteers in the schools
have managed to automate almost all of the district's libraries (with
Follett software); they've weeded collections and purchased new books,
written individual school library plans which are incorporated into the
district-wide plan, attended workshops and inservices, etc.  This district
is really perched and ready for their first FTE Library Media Teacher, so
if you are ready for an adventure, love the Northern California coast,the
beautiful redwoods and generally pleasant (although sometimes foggy)
weather, you might think about becoming the district's very first full-time
LMT.

The staff at the centralized instructional materials center is fabulous,
and you would be going into a situation where they can provide you with a
wealth of information about how things have been and are done, support for
some of your region-wide and county-wide responsibilities, and their
projects and dreams for the future.  If I weren't only a couple of years
away from retirement, I'd seriously consider the job and the move myself.

Good for Del Norte in creating a brand new LMT position (their first I think).

Kathy Graves, IMC Director/Librarian
Siskiyou County Office of Education
609 South Gold Street,
Yreka, CA 96097

e-mail: kgraves@sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us           FAX: 530-842-8436
hmpg: http://www.sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us/~imcftp  AV:  530-842-8428
Phone:  530-842-8427                            Library: 530-842-8430