Hello,

I realize that this subject has probably been covered many times but when I
looked in the archives I didn't find anything.  I'm new at this and probably
didn't do it right.

The principal at one of the two schools I work at wants me to start an
Accelerated Reader Reward Program.  Right now we have a small number of
books that are AR but hope to be able to purchase more tests by applying for
a local mini-grant and maybe other sources.

I am a Media Assistant at the other school I work at and the librarian has
worked hard to get our AR program going there.  I'm hoping that working with
her on that program will help me with the other one.

What I need from you are some suggestions for really good rewards that
haven't been used over and over and that will encourage the students to
really work toward achieving their goals.  The principal is willing to
participate in the rewards.  This past year she allowed herself to be
"tarred and feathered" at a fundraiser and be "pied in the face" by the 2nd
grade for achieving 100 total class points in AR.  I am hoping to emphasize
percentage rather than points but will be rewarding for points also.

I am interested in seeing what people from other places are doing.  Thanks
for your help!!!

Gail Hutchison
Media Assistant/Graduate Student
Taylorsville Elementary School