AN INVITATION

All of you who are within driving distance of the Cedar
Rapids/Marion/Hiawatha metro area are cordially invited to attend any
and all of the events associated with our community-wide reading
initiative "Building a Community of Readers."  A full on-line listing
of all the events may be accessed at
<http://www.aea10.k12.ia.us/communityofreaders/>.

This weekend -- Saturday, March 3 --  John Duggleby the author of
Artists in Overalls: The Story of Grant Wood will be at the Cedar
Rapids Museum of Art -- 1:00 p.m.  Book signing after the
presentations.   More information about Duggleby and the event is on
the website.

Each weekend there is some other fantastic event.  Next Saturday is
Books Have It...So Do We featuring Jane Kurtz, Eric Kimmel, and E.B.
Lewis.    Lewis will be at the African-American Museum and Cultural
Center on Sunday.

March 18th brings a "Reading Rally" featuring Judy Freeman.  It's a
family event with reading activities for the children.

And on the following Sunday noted mystery/suspense author Ed Gorman
and  children's/YA author Carol Gorman will each read from a recent
work at the History Center

Many events in the community throughout the month -- storytelling at
Mt. Mercy, the Czech Slovak museum, and so forth.

Come and enjoy --  e-mail me if you need more information, directions
to the locations, or whatever.  We'd love to have you share our love
of reading.

Sharron McElmeel
--
Sharron L. McElmeel <mailto:mcelmeel@mcelmeel.com>
Project Director - -Building a Community of Readers