--=_alternative 006CB38386256A42_=

I would also like to know if the information regarding the use of videos
in the classroom is correct.....

I have been asked this question about fifteen times this past month and I
keep referring people to the "Fair Use" explanation relating to the use of
videos in the classroom.  One school that I was recently associated with
contacted me due to the fact that a lawyer had been brought into the
situation regarding the use of videos in the classroom.  He did not know
how teachers could use these videos legally and I was frustrated because
the teachers (my former colleagues) turned to me for guidance.

I guess my questions are: who's giving the information to administrators
regarding video use?  Is it something new?  If not, is it correctly
presented to include HOW teachers CAN use videos for instruction in the
classroom?

I did refer my questions from my patrons to website, books, and even to
the experts on this listserve.  It would be nice to know what's "suddenly
happening" out there.

Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor

Mary L. Williams Curriculum Materials Library
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, Oklahoma
bshonda@okstate.edu
405-744-9769

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Some jobs are like swimming ducks...most of the work is invisible to
others."

--=_alternative 006CB38386256A42_=

regarding the use of videos in the classroom is correct.....</font>
times this past month and I keep referring people to the &quot;Fair Use&quot;
explanation relating to the use of videos in the classroom. &nbsp;One school that I
was recently associated with contacted me due to the fact that a lawyer had been
brought into the situation regarding the use of videos in the classroom. &nbsp;He
did not know how teachers could use these videos legally and I was frustrated
because the teachers (my former colleagues) turned to me for guidance.</font>
information to administrators regarding video use? &nbsp;Is it something new?
&nbsp;If not, is it correctly presented to include HOW teachers CAN use videos for
instruction in the classroom?</font>
website, books, and even to the experts on this listserve. &nbsp;It would be nice
to know what's &quot;suddenly happening&quot; out there. &nbsp;</font>
Assistant Professor <br>
Mary L. Williams Curriculum Materials Library<br>
Oklahoma State University<br>
Stillwater, Oklahoma<br>
bshonda@okstate.edu<br>
405-744-9769<br>
&quot;Some jobs are like swimming ducks...most of the work is invisible to
others.&quot;<br>
--=_alternative 006CB38386256A42_=--