Many thanks to everyone who responded. Here are several of the hits I got.
Every one has something unique.And to Camelia, your question "First of all,
does your principal realize that it is impossible to do it all every year?"
Probably not, after all she is an administrator. And gee, where else would I
get a chance to "sub" in a 4th grade class today besides being the LMS? But
seriously, she is brand new to the position and wants to do a good job and
offer the students memorable events.

HITS
Peggy Sharp has a "Literary Calendar" for sale. She describes it as a
perpetual calendar to guide literary activities year after year, 500+ Author
Birthdays, Special weeks and months devoted to literature, and I deas for
celebrating these special literary days.

Order infor: 6.25 + 1.50 postage for the first calendar and .50 postage for
each additional calendar. Call 503-274-7174 or 888-566-0006 Fax-503-721-0173
Mail: A Literary Calendar, Designs for Learning, PO Box 29078 Portland OR
97296

Scholastic will send you FREE their appointment calendar which lists all of
the
known library-related events.

Have you tried www.crinkles.com -- It lists in the School Library Media
Activities Monthly Authors Almanac section a large list of authors and their
birthdays - some even include a website. The print version of School Library
Media Activites Monthly will also have other book related events, holidays,
etc.

There is a book called the Library Almanac (I think that is the correct
title-I'm not at school). A periodical called Library Media Activities Monthly
is good too. I use it to do my monthly newsletters. Also check out the
Children's Book Council Web site at www.cbcbooks.org/ .

Anyway, I have an author/illustrator birthday calendar (from 2000) that the
Perma-bound salesman gave me...I can mail it to you if you give me an
addresss.

From my DEMCO rep: Hi Margaret, if you go to our Web Page at WWW.DEMCO.COM
towards the bottom of the page on the left it shows Garfield, under him there
is the calendar of events. If you click on that calendar it will take you
right to the calendar of events for 2001.

The New Elementary School Librarian's Almanac by Barbara Farley Bannister
(available through Amazon)has author birthdays and some other wonderful ideas
arranged by month.

Margaret Espinoza
Mountain View Elementary School
Bullhead City, AZ