I need your advice!  I am currently the LMS in a Middle-High School, grade
6-12.  We are building a new school and the high school principal has told
me that I will be full time in the High School.  This makes me very happy.
However, I have a strong suspicion that the existing library and its
staffing are very low on the list of priorities for the middle school
principal.  He has hinted that perhaps the middle school will have to do
what has been done in the elementary school, where an aide has been given a
special job description so that she can run the library - including teaching
scheduled classes.  And of course, there is always that possibility that the
administration might have me traveling between schools.

We also have a terrible situation with our computers.  We have a 1 day a
week person who is in charge of computer technology for the whole district.
Yes - I did day 1 DAY a week for the whole district!  As you can imagine -
the tech situation is always a mess!

I am thinking of suggesting that the district hire a LMS for the middle
School who would also have IT responsibilities that would include things
such as making sure that all new students and staff are in the system,
the library.  I do not like this idea - but I am thinking it may be the only
way that we get a certified librarian into this position.

I would appreciate any and all thoughts on this idea before I bring it up to
the powers that be.

Thanks so much!

Jacquie

All that is gold does not glitter