    Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions for excellent conference
presenters. Here is my original target followed by the hit.
    By the way, I really enjoyed Pat Miller from Austin Parkway Elem. in
Sugar Land, TX and Jeanne Johnson from Canyon Creek Elem. in Bothell, WA on
"An LMC for Every Learner." Pat has a great book called "Reaching Every
Reader" from Linworth. They both had usable ideas, and I've already bought
the big bear puppet from Folkmanis!

TARGET:  If you heard a presenter at AASL last week that was really great,
or if you know of a presenter that you've heard in the past elsewhere,
please write me and give me whatever information you can.

HIT:

Elizabeth Bennett on Multimedia Pizzazz! good for elementary or secondary
http://www.westga.edu/~ebennett/
Cynthia Tobias has an EXCELLENT approach to learning styles and comes across
almost a stand-up comic.  She is funny and interesting -- not like so many!
Check her website at www.applest.com.  You will NOT be disappointed by her.
I heard her this summer and WOW!
Last year at the Indiana Library Federation Conference we had a presentation
by Steven J. Schmidt from IUPUI (Indiana U/Purdue U. at Indianapolis) on The
image of Librarians in Cartoons, TV and Movies.  It was wonderful - put us
all in a good mood!   I was hoping he would be presenting at AASL but he
wasn't.  He's definitly that good!
David V. Loertscher was outstanding.  I attended his pre-conference workshop
"How to Ban the Bird Unit" (or something like that). Very much a
motivational speaker!!!!
Doug Johnson gave a great presentation, but I will tell you he's pricey! You
can find his workshop information at http://www.doug-johnson.com/
We also had him here in this district. He's excellent and entertaining.
I enjoyed Valerie Marsh's presentation about story
>telling, using props, sign language.  She was energetic
>and I have already put a few of her ideas into play!
>Here's her email:
>valeriemarsh@juno.com
>1-877-valerie

Nancy Dickinson, Librarian
V-P/Pres-Elect of Tenn. Assn. of School Librarians
Hillsboro Elementary School
Hillsboro, TN 37342
fsufan@dtccom.net
dickinson1@k12tn.net