Thanks to everyone who sent me great ideas!  Here is a HIT of the =

-------

I have MANY bookmarks.  Once a month I send out a newsletter with =
websites=20
the teachers may have an interest in. =20

-------

Someone suggested to me once, to put them all of a disk, let the =
teachers
know you have a few of these disks (multiple copies of the same one), =
let
them be checked in and out.
I haven't had time to do that yet.

-------

I am so glad you asked! I just learned about a website called=20
backflip.com...you can actually create your own directory of websites =
for=20
your teachers and students to access. You will need to give them your =
sign in=20
info, but you choose what sites you include in the directory,  it can be =

accessed from any computer, and best of all...it's free! I have been =
addicted=20
to it since I found out. Good luck!

-------

Mine are posted on our website.

http://www.selah.k12.wa.us/JHS/Gustafson/Library.cfm

-------

How about creating a website and posting things there?  This way the=20
information doesn't get misplaced or lost; and, is available from any =
internet connected computer.  =20

-------

Putting an address on a piece of paper is not as useful or handy for the
user, since the address has to be re-typed, as putting it into an email =
or,better yet, on your own school webpage, where you can organize and
re-organize all you want.  Incidentally, be sure to include the entire =
address so that it is clickable. =20

-------

I think we all face the same dilemma and solve it
various ways.  Bookmarking seemed to me to be justanother disorganized =
notebook, so quite some time backI began to make pages of recommended =
sites.  This has grown over several years to my library homepage.

-------

I catalog mine into our automation system.  (we have Athena)  I bought a =
program called Marc It.  It helps you catalog and use Marc records. =20

-------

Gads - this sounds so pompous, but I had a 1-page article printed in =
"Library Talk" - I can't remember the August or September issue?  I like =
to cut and past websites into Word with a brief description.  Once =
you've hit enter after the web address, Word automatically turns it into =
a link.  Use for your webpage, or photocopy and it's already underlined, =
etc.  Let me know if you need more technical info on how to do it, if =
you can't find the article (I think it's Technology Workshop or =
something!?)=20

-------

I have a file of sites in a cabinet "drawer" in the email program.  Only =
teachers interested access the drawer.  (I used to send them by email =
and it flooded the server, plus some teachers don't like to have them =
sent to them.)  I put the address of the site in the subject line, so =
teachers can go straight to the sites, with descriptions in the message. =
 If there is something which is really special and would be useful =
immediately to someone, I will send it to the teacher. =20

-------

I like putting them on a web site.=20

-------

If you can create a web page, I think that is the best way.  You might =
not
be able to get the teachers to use it regularly at first - but with =
patience
some of them will remember to use it!  I have a general teacher page and
also pages that are subject specific.  Those can be printed out =
regularly
and routed around to teachers as a reminder to check it out.  Perhaps =
having
a quick demo at a faculty meeting would help.

-------

I find that the best thing to do is to check out the web site  myself. =
When it is on the computer I cut and paste the URL into an email  and =
send
it to the teachers that should have it. They tell me they save them in a =
folder on their computers  and look at them when they have the time.  I
bookmark some for myself, but not all.

If it is something to use with students for an impending project, I make =
a pathfinder for the project, with reference to print materials, online
databases to use and websites. I print this out and run it off for the =
students.  I save it in a
"websites" folder on my hard drive.  Then in subsequent years I can pull =
it up and make adjustments.
I like to  keep things on the hard drive because it makes it so much =
easier to access the sites  via the internet.  Much easier than typing =
in the URL again.

-------

I like to e-mail teachers with full URLs so they can
just point and click. =20

How about a "web of the week" handout or display?

Feature a couple at faculty meetings.

When I send out a long list of new titles or websites,
I highlight for individual teachers.

-------

Great question.  I usually send them sites as email.  That way the =
teachers who use the computer frequently will see them and since the =
links are hot, they can immediately look at the sites and see if they =
are of use to them.  My problem is finding time to check out the sites I =
read about, and email them.  I try to do a few every day.

-------

I have created a bibliography, by subject, of online material. It is =
presently about 50 pages, in 10 or 11 pt. font size. The subjects are in =
bold. Ones that might be more frequently needed are in red. So far, I =
can find most of what I need when I need it.=20

-------