My sincerest apologies for the previous incomplete messages.

In addition to discussing the LMC vision and goals, my purpose for the
meeting is to find out what the principal views are on weeding. I plan to
discuss the importance of weeding, specifically for our library due to space
issues and the number of outdated books that have not circulated in 25+
years. I also have examples of books that no longer belong in the library or
anywhere else in the school. I was also considering making a copy of
particular pages from: Evaluating and weeding collections in small and
medium-sized public libraries : the CREW method. Is there anything else I
should cover regarding weeding? This is my main concern at this point. I
have not even considered ordering books for this school year because of the
lack of space.

Any advice and suggestions are appreciated. I want to be as convincing as
possible because there are over 400 books that I have already pulled from
the shelves, and the thought of having to put these back is not a pleasant
one.

Taliah Abdullah, Librarian
MLK Jr. Elementary School
1108 W. Fairview
Urbana, IL 61801

"Education is your passport to the future,
for tomorrow belongs to the people who
prepare for it today"
El Hajj Malik El Shabazz