Please help a teacher in need - try the project - you'll like it!

Hi, My is Marilee Sarlitto. I am a technology director at a school in
Illinois. I am putting together a gingerbread project that requires a
gingerbread man to travel to all 50 states.  Below is a description and the
listing website. If you are interested or know someone at your school who
would be interested, please have them email me with their name and the
school's address. Thank you. Marilee Sarlitto

msarlitt@district96.k12.il.us

The gingerbread man is still looking for some participating states to visit!
Looking for the following states only: AL, AK, AZ, CO, FL, HI, LA, MD,  MT,
NE, NV, NM, ND, OR, RI, SC, SD, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY. Please respond
ASAP!!!

Full Project Description:

In the month of December a a gingerbread man will "run away" from a first
grade class at Kildeer School, Long Grove, IL. The goal is for the
gingerbread man to reach every state by the end of the school year.
Obviously, one gingerbread man will have a hard time traveling that quickly,
so there will actually be 3 packages traveling the US. (Students will not
know that!) The package participants receive will contain a gingerbread
book, a gingerbread man, a list of participant's addresses, postcards, and a
journal. The journal contains blank pages for each class to share what the
gingerbread did on his visit and also space to place a picture. In the back
of the journal are optional activities that can be done during his visit. A
participant is expected to: 1. Email Mrs. Fryer when the gingerbread has
arrived and if desired, send a postcard. 2. Send the package to the next
name on the list. 3. Optional: email Mrs. Fryer a digital photo to post on
the website that will follow the adventures. (make sure students have
permission to have their photo posted) The website below will be updated on
the travels so participants can follow along.

 http://www.kildeer.district96.k12.il.us/first/gingerbread_web/gingerbread.h
tml

This project is listed at:

http://www.globalschoolhouse.org/pr/

Just plug in gingerbread in the search area and the project is called "Where
in the USA is the Gingerbread Man.?"

Dianne Lockridge
Learning Center Director
Kildeer Countryside School