Wow!  I want to thank all of you that sent me responses to my "silly" =
question:-)  As there were quite a few people who asked me to post a =
hit, here it is.  So many kind people sent responses that I have tried =
to only list those with different information:
These sites below clearly define verso as the reverse of the copyright =
page.
The page is called the verso.
Have a look at these sites to look up other technical terms.
http://www.lib.auburn.edu/madd/docs/glossary/
http://vax.wcsu.edu/library/odlis.html

that particular page is called the "verso" of the title page.  Remember
though, many of the recently published books now have the copyright
information in the very back of the book, especially English =
publications.

Book blurb- front inside cover
Author blurb-back inside cover

My LMS teacher referred to the title page as the "recto" and the page =
behind
it as the "verso"

I usually tell the kids it's the "verso page"--that's what it is =
officially,
especially if it's on the back (the reverse) of the title page.  =
Sometimes all
the copyright info is called CIP (copyright in publishing, in press or =
in
print, something like that) especially when it's prepared by the =
publisher not
a real cataloger.  I tell them that sometimes, especially in very modern =
style
picture books, the verso is found at the end of the book.

The versa. You should see the versa in the book A Poke in the I.  It is =
a cool way to introduce the page in class because it is cleverly done.=20

The front is the title page and the reverse is the verso.
These are usually referenced in cataloging as T.p. and T.p. verso

My editor husband assures me it is simply called the copyright page

The backside of the title page is called the verso; I know this from =
working=20
as a cataloger.  I don't remember what you call the last page of the =
book if=20
the copyright is hidden there, as it is in some new picture books.

Usually the copyright information is found on the verso of the title =
page
(verso: latin, I believe, for back)

Isn't it called CIP, Cataloging in Print? Or does that just refer to the =
bottom and back of the title page if the cataloging info is there?

Thanks again to all of you...

Jennifer Sloan
Library Science Student, USF Tampa
Port Charlotte, FL