Hello,

My name is Kim Foley and I live in Washington State. I've been involved
in education technology for about 15 years now (started in this
direction while at MIT's Media Lab) and specifically with its
application to the Web since 1996. In the past I have developed
interactive materials on computing and have taught at the university
level. Currently I am involved in a self-funded project (for which I
eventually hope to gain sponsorship). I started development of Field
Trips Site one year ago. It's a site developed specifically for K-12
educators and features virtual field trips. At the beginning it had
mostly science field trips but now there is an assortment of 30 trips,
most of them developed by me, but a number of them created by other
educators.

In Novemeber I self-published a book about virtual field trips called,
"The Big Pocket Guide to Using & Creating Virtual Field Trips." The book

was developed to share my experiences and give educators ideas about how

to use these trips most effectively in the classroom, what to look for
that makes a quality learning experience and what to watch out for that
hinders the process.

I also teach free online sessions twice a month at Tapped In. If you're
not familiar with that forum it's wonderful! An international group of
educators involved in integrating tech and education.

To see the virtual field trips at Field Trips Site, go to
http://www.field-trips.org
So that's it in a nutshell.

Sincerely,
Kim

Kim Foley, Content Developer/Online Educator
Persistent VISION
Spokane, Washington
kim@field-trips.org