Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself and *in the next breath* ask for some =
advice.=20

I'm an older Grad student, returning to school after a 15 year break. =
During that 'break', I've been a wife, mother, self-employed artist, =
writer and web designer. After my divorce, I had to take a hard look at =
my income making potential. With my love of books and kids and teaching =
and creative learning, becoming a media coordinator was a natural choice =
so I took the plunge last fall to put myself through grad school so that =
my kids and I will have a better future.=20

I have been substitute teaching for 6 months in an elementary school =
while working on my MLS full time. I have recently been asked to be the =
Media Coordinator at a different elementary school,  a position I'll =
share with a lovely lady who has 12 years of assistant teaching =
experience. At the end of this year, the position will be hers, though, =
and I'll leave with a year of experience and my MLS and full licensure =
under my belt. What I'm hoping is that I can glean as much information =
as possible from this experience. I also hope this will be a positive =
learning experience for both of us and each of our 900+ students.=20

I'm a bit daunted by the task at hand, though ... I have SO much to =
learn! For instance, our school district is working toward open =
circulation and, during my first interview for a different school, I was =
flustered to find out that I didn't know what they were talking about =
when they asked me how I felt about it.=20

I'm just hoping for some basic words of wisdom from someone who has gone =
into their first job as 'blind' as I am.=20

I appreciate in advance any and all responses I get. =3D)

Sharon O'Neill, Media Coordinator
W.H. Robinson Elementary, K-5, Winterville, NC
MLS Candidate, ECU, Greenville, NC
~~~
sharono@piratesnet.com

"Life is about not knowing ... having to change, taking the moment and=20
making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.=20
Delicious ambiguity."-  Gilda Radner