For most intents and purposes, Minnesota has  lost all state
supported leadership for school libraries (or any type of
library). So, from the bottom of the pit, we have no place
to look but up. Next week, a group of dedicated librarians
from all walks in our field will meet and discuss the
future.

So, I ask, dear LM-net friends in other states: what
services, provided by your state (or perhaps regional
cooperatives), do you make most use of? What services are
provided? Who helps you the most? (Think of any kind of
support: training, grants, networks, collections,
leadership, research assistance, etc. that is coordinated at
a state level.)

Given a magic wand, what state organized services would you
like to see help you achieve the goal of ensuring that all
learners become effective users of information?

I know, you were just off to the beach with a great novel,
but if you just have a minute to advise struggling comrades
who will spend a couple of days out of the sunlight
imagining a brighter future, much virtual thanks would be on
its way.

just plain jane

________________________

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist
 but the ability to start over." --F. Scott Fitzgerald

Jane Prestebak
Librarian, etc.
Spring Lake Park High School
8001 Able St. NE