Does anyone have access to a good reference source that can provide me =
with the name and address and possibly email for the Corporate Officer =
in charge of customer service?  Gateway's website provides no directory =
of any kind except the addresses of their stores.  This does me no good =
as it is the store (dis)service center that has now had my computer for =
a FULL MONTH.  I am getting very tired of their continually changing =
stories about when they will have the part (a warrantied harddrive) and =
install them.  I have asked to speak to the service manager only to be =
told that there is none in the store.  The store manager (on the sales =
floor) claims that she knows nothing about service that I would have to =
contact the "Regional" Service Manager.  So I asked for his address and =
telephone number.  Want to guess what familiar information they matched? =
 But of course the man is NEVER in and doesn't return phone calls.  In =
the mean time I have done research on my harddrive.  It took about 30 =
seconds on the Western Digital website to find out why the original 15GB =
harddrive was "back ordered."  It isn't being made anymore.  But two =
weeks ago they told me that they were ordering a new "larger" harddrive =
that has also not arrived from Virginia.  I found it very interesting =
that when I checked on the website the newer compatible harddrive was =
readily available me online in 20, 30 and 40GB versions.  The site also =
indicated that the harddrives are available in several area outlets.  I =
would also like to know how the Corporate people would feel about this =
kind of "service."  The people I have been dealing with couldn't care =
less about possible complaints to the State attorney General or loss of =
future sales to whole schools.

Dorothy Tissair
Unemployed
Old Saybrook, CT