Hello friends:

Bear with me while I explain a little . . . In the past three/four years,
we've had a marked increase in the number of students wanting to do research
on religious figures and topics.  Unfortunately, this in not an area where
we have a great many reference books, nor am I knowledgeable in the field.

I wrote letters to each of the churches in town explaining our situation and
appealing for their more expert help, emphasizing that I wanted research
type materials.  Well, now I have a great dilemma!  The Christian bookstore
in our town is willing to sell materials to a local church at cost, and then
the church will donate them to us.  One of the ministers came by on Thursday
and wants me to put together a list to give him on Tuesday of items we’d
like to have.

These are some topics I’ve seen students looking into: martyrs, the
historical Jesus, angels, power of prayer, why other religions hate
Christianity, the effects of religion on today’s youth, saints, and there
are others, but my brain is dead right now.  Do you have suggestions of
items that are at a level for my 9-12 high school and are fairly non-biased?
  Our town has both strong Catholic and protestant churches.  My assistant
attended seminary and has been a minister at one time, so I have a few ideas
about newer Bibles I’d like.  I already have on my list a Strong’s
Concordance and The Works of Josephus, but what else could I use?

I wouldn’t mind suggestions for quality religious fiction if you have some.
. .

Thanks ever so much!

Emily Mulch, librarian
Great Bend High School