I just discovered that my HIT posting did not go through in its
entirety.  Below is another attempt.  Thanks again to all the
respondents.  Kathy R.
==============
If you want something along the lines of mountain music, try
"Appalachian
Waltz" and "Appalachian Journey" by Mark O'Connor, Yo-Yo Ma and Edgar
Meyer
(a couple of vocals on the latter, one by James Taylor). Or for Celtic
music
try a group called Iona.
Also chamber music is good....I never get tired of Bach's Brandenburg
Concertos, and Vivaldi's concerti and Handel's Water Music are very
popular.
I like chant for relaxation....one of my favorites is "Hildegard of
Bingen --
Feather on the Breath of God" and there's another one by some Spanish
monks
called simply "Chant."
Everybody's tastes are different for relaxation, but Windham Hill music
is a
good choice. I had a friend who went to sleep every night listening to
George
Winston's Autumn, and I used to put my babies to sleep with Michael
Hedges'
Breakfast in the Field.
==============
Vivaldi or anything baroque.  Also, traditional Japanese music is
relaxing.
==============
Try some recordings of Bach guitar music.  Some performers are Andres
Segovia
and Julian Bream.
=============
Our math teachers like Kenny G for this purpose.  We also have some nice

Celtic music, Baroque (rhythm most closely simulates the human heartbeat

and is therefore very calming), lots of Mozart.  We have a recording of
Japanese flute music played by Jean Pierre Rampal that is wonderful for
providing a relaxed atmosphere.  These should give you a good start for
your collection.
===============
I just ran across music by Tim Janis. He has 2 CDs out (at least). His
music, which is primarily keyboard and recorder, is inspired by the
landscape of America. I just heard small snippets on TV, and quickly
ordered them over the weekend.
==============
Just last night, my sister-in-law mentioned Mozart for Meditiation, Bach

at
Bedtime, Baroque at Bedtime.  She thinks they are on the Phillips label.

==============
Guitar by the Sea is wonderful in with a set of other instrumentals by
the
Sea.  I believe it is part of the Majestic Moods set of C.D.'s   1998
Sunshine Mountain Productions, Inc.; 1170 Broadway St. 406; New York, NY

10001  Phone:  (800) 998-4569
=============
We have a penchant here for traditional Japanese music.  Also in the
running are Australian aboriginal and Peruvian mountain music.
============
John McCutcheon comes to mind -

Metamora is another excellent group.

Do a search online for them -- possibly not to be found at amazon.com
but
they're out there and very good.
==============
Deep Breakfast by Ray Lynch.  I loved it before I actually went for a
massage and it was playing on my therapist's CD player.
==============
Baroque music is brain compatible and best for what you are talking
about.
You can get baroque music on cds at the music store.  You can also look
into
Beethoven and Bach.  There is a CD called Music for the Brain and
another
called Music for your Baby (something like that).  All of these are
filled
with Brain Compatible music (same beats per second as the heart I
believe)
and have been scientifically proven to facilitate learning.
=============
I could come up with a long list of my favorite classical pieces
suitable
for the purposes you mentioned.  However, I believe that the easiest way

for
you to find good CDs would be to visit www.borders.com (which actually
leads
to Amazon.com) and, in their music section, search for ADAGIO.  You will

get
a list of more than a 100 titles, and most of them are just wonderful.
YO-YO MA...cellist...wonderful...