I will share my good news with you and ask you for your comments and help.

The Social Studies teachers in my building invited our newest Board member
to join them for lunch during one of the school days last week.  When he
was ready to leave, he asked  them to tell him what they needed so he
could take that back to the Board.

Their reply was that "we need a second librarian".   They explained that
demand for my services and that of the library had increased and it was
getting hard to get their time in.

With that in mind, the board member asked the department to draft a letter
on how a second librarian would help teachers and students.  I've supplied
all kinds of statistical information and rationale. They want to make sure
that the Board gets a good answer if they ask why the professional
position, when we could hire  some more aides.

We are looking for statements that reflect the teaching/collaboration
aspect of the professional position.  We have lots of materials, but want
to make sure we leave no stone unturned. Who knows if this opportunity
will ever come up again?

I told them I was sure someone out there has already climbed this mountain
and would share their wisdom with us.  So, please do, and I will post a
hit.

 TIA

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is."  - Yogi Berra

Mrs. Carolyn Gierke,  Librarian
Sweet Home High School
1901 Sweet Home Road