Is there anyone out there who has successfully set up multiple user
accounts on a new Apple machine under 10.2?

My school has just bought an eMac for students to use for video
editing and other media related activities. This is in an otherwise
wholly PC school, apart from the 2 G3s which I use.

About 40 students will be using the machine, and we do not want any
of the other students to have access.

Having spent about 3 days setting up the student users using the GUI,
we had a change of mind about which capabilities to allow them, only
to find that once set these seem to be either set in stone, or only
settable once.

In particular, we want to stop students changing system prefs, but
also allow them access to the character palette.

It is also imperative that students do not have access to the terminal.

I should be grateful for any help you can give, as Apple UK, from
whom we bought the computer seem to expect to have to give no support
whatever but refer us to another company to whom we would have to pay
money, which we have no budget for.

Thanks in advance

EB

--