I do not know if it is just a regional thing but I have done the Follett
BookShare program twice now and I have found it very successful. It is not
quite the same as a book fair but a nice idea and the parents and kids liked
it. It was especially well received around the holidays.

I believe you can actually develop your BookShare lists at the Titlewave
website. The lists are then distributed to students to bring home. They then
select books to purchase which are delivered in about 6 weeks to the school,
all sorted, bagged and labeled. Each book comes with a bookplate which the
family can inscribe. The books are enjoyed at home by the family and then
they share the books with others by giving them back to the library. We get
them back inscribed and fully processed by Follett. Follett also then gives
you a small percentage of the total sale back as well so you can make some
additional purchases.

Check with your local rep to see if it is done in your area.
--
Sandy Kelly LMS
Carlisle School Library