I just received this "Opt out Form" from a parent.  I was wondering if
anyone else had seen it and just how your school and district handle it.
____

PARENT/STUDENT
                                                                 OPT OUT
FORM

I/We, parent(s) of _____________, have chosen NOT to delegate our
responsibility in the following areas of education or health to any teacher,
administrator, guest speaker, medical practioner or agent:

            1.  Family planning or non-emergency health services, referrals
of programs
            2.  Sex education, family living, alternative lifestyles, or
diversity
            3.  AIDS OR SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
            4.  "Decision Making" that is not directly related to academic
studies
            5.  Teenage Health Consultant Programs
            6.  Homosexuality and/or Multiculturalism or Globalism
            7.  Affective education (feelings) or "values" training.
            8.  Population control or overpopulation (Large family bias)
            9.  Suicide, euthanasia, dying or death
            10.  Self esteem, opinion, attitude or value surveys
            11.  Environmentalism that is biased or has New Age/One
World/Globalize as an
                   agenda association.
            12. Drugs and alcohol abuse or prevention.
 Because I/We , as parent(s)/guardian(s)  of _______________  provide for
the above listed training, I/We,
            1.  Request that he or she be sent to the library with an
academic assignment
                that these topics are to be discussed in class.
            2.  Request to be notified weekly if our request(s) require more
than one hour
     of alternative library study per week.
3.  Request that there be no referral for any prevention, intervention or
after
     care program or services of any organization or agency (whether
internal
     or external), even if the law might allow treatment without parent/
     guardian consent.
4.  Request that we be contacted prior to any disciplinary action or
     counseling; collecting of data, using psychological methods or
otherwise
     various techniques for personal interview, interrogation or
questioning.
5.  Defer permission for all emotional wellness, psychological, guided
     imagery, health, or other evaluations or screenings.
6.  Do not authorize the use of his/her Social Security Number for any
reason,
     and insist that it be removed from any documents on which the school
     and/or administration may have it listed (the Social Security Act, 42
     does not grant schools use authorization.
7.  Be contacted immediately with any academic, behavioral, or health
                 concerns needing our attention.

Thank you for your cooperation.  Most Respectfully,

Parent/Guardian
Parent/Guardian                                                 School
Reprsentative.
(Submit OPT Out form in duplicate, retaining one sighned copy as record)
P.I.E. INC., Palm Desert, CA 92261, a "Non-Profit Corp.

David N. Triche, LMT,
UTLA Chapter Chair
Emerson Middle School
1650 Selby Ave.
L.A. CA 90024
310-470-0616 Phone and Fax
dtriche@lausd.k12.ca.us
Web Page  http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/Emerson_MS/Triche/Index.htm

"Are there Blacks in Brazil?"
-Der Spiegel, May 19, 2002
http://gwbush.com/copies/trans.html

"Rarely is the question asked:  Is our children learning?"
-Florence, S.C., Jan 11, 2000

"The legislatures job is to write law.  It's the executive branch's job to
interpret law."
-Austin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2000

"They want the Federal Government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of Federal Program
St. Charles, M0., Nov. 2, 2000

""It's clearly a budget.  It's got a lot of numbers in it."
-Rueters, May 5, 2000

"We ought to make the pie higher."
South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000.

George W. Bush, President of the United States of America
Graduate of Yale and Harvard