Sorry, folks, I didn't realize that I couldn't attach a file to an LM_Net
posting. See the list of recommended professional reading below.

Professional Reading Recommendations

I would hope you already know the books by M.Ellen Jay.  If you don't
I think those would be useful time spent re unit planning, motivation, use
of computers in learning, differentiation, etc.  Try interlibrary loan or
you local university curriculum lab.  Newest ones are from Neal Schuman.
And one by Yesner and the other jay Operating and Evaluating School
Library Media Programs has helped a lot of people gather ideas and work
with principals.  And there is Ready-to-go Reading Incentive Programs for
Schools and Libraries.  Have great fun!

Nell, I'd like to suggest: Designing Instruction for Diverse Abilities and
the Library Media Teacher's role, by mother/daughter team M. Ellen jay and
Hilda L. Jay. Library Professional Publications, 1991. ISBN 0-208-02262-7

I probably got the suggestion from someone else on LM_NET. This book gives
lots of sample curriculum units.

I recently purchased a book called "If you don't feed the teachers, they'll
eat the students." I couldn't resist the title. As I got to reading it, I
realized it's target audience is principals and administrators, but it's
given me some great insights on the needs of teachers and how to get along
better with them. I'm also going to pass it on to my principal, and I know
she will love it.

Ok, so when you want a break read:  The Happiness Code by Amy Herrick

It is a story of a happy happy baby, takes place in the (near) future, and
has a very satisfying ending.  Just the sort of book to read when you cuddle
your own.  Also one of those books that I picked for the cover, and read in
two days for the language....

As an elementary LMS with an interest in collaboration, you'd surely like:

Collaborating to Meet Standards: Teacher/Librarian Partnerships for K-6  by
Toni Buzzeo (Linworth 2002)