Hi ... those who are following the California recall election extravaganza
may find www.capitolweasel.com amusing.  My "candidate" is Squirrel of
Capitol Park.  (His motto: "I'll work for peanuts!")  Folks who have to
cope with squirrels getting into attics and the like are of course less
amused than folks who just see the critters in parks.

On a more useful note, I recall a while back some discussion of the sizes
at which digital photos of various pixel counts could be printed.  I have
finally learned how Photoshop Elements can be used to enable decent quality
in much larger than expected prints.  I turned a 1984 x 1488 image into a
pretty decent 24" x 30" enlargement, printed at the local Kinko's, for
example. Here is the trick (and pardon this if it has been posted before):
resize the image to the desired dimensions, specifying sufficient pixels
per inch for the intended size print (300 worked for the two foot by
two-and-a-half-foot image, and that number (300) is what Kinko's asked to
have in order to print the poster), and check the box for resampling the
image.  The result will be an enormous file (in my example, it was some 128
megabytes), but still pretty decent resolution -- and none of the jagged
edges that would come from simply blowing up the print size without
increasing the pixels per inch and resampling.  The keys are to specify the
dimensions, cropping the image if necessary to get the height and width
right, specifying enough pixels per inch, AND resampling the image.  Save
the result under a new file name.

For whatever it is worth.

Ken
Kenneth W. Umbach, Ph.D.