Greetings!

Want your students to learn to use a distance learning tool
like Blackboard, and participate in an educational adventure
on the Web? Want to improve your own distance learning and
teaching skills?

Take a look at our pilot project site: CNY Scholastic Go.
Then send me an email if you're interested, and we'll help
you get started. There are no fees, and this is not a
commercial venture. We are a group of teachers exploring the
use of Blackboard web-based software to create a learning
community within a Blackboard course site. We will use the
ancient Chinese game of Go as a theme to connect topics in
math, language arts, and social studies as we all learn to
work together in a this new online environment. We're all
going learn how to use Blackboard and work in an online
community. But first, we are looking for middle school and
high school teachers with small groups of students in a
variety of geographic locations on every continent. Know a
teacher in Antarctica?  How about your state/province?
How about you?

Your participation in the project could be as an enrichment
of your existing curriculum, or you might create a study hall
group or an afterschool club to form your school's project
team. The teachers in the project will have the opportunity
to create and share materials, or may choose to simply use
the materials we've already collected on the course site.
There's plenty of room for creativity, and few requirements
to get in your the way. Check out all the resources we've
already collected. They're ready to use right now. Use what
you like, and if you feel inspired to create something of
your own, share it with the group.

Click here for the Blackboard login screen
http://welol.cnyric.org/?bbatt=Y

Click on Login
Click on Preview
Click on the tab for Courses
In the Course Search box, type: cnygo
Click on the course title: CNY Scholastic Go
You should now be at the "Announcements" screen (homepage)!

These sections are open via the Guest Access view:

Announcements - homepage
Course Information - overview
Teachers - list of instructors & photos
Course Documents - materials for students (and teachers!)
Projects - collection of PowerPoint's by school groups
Books - short list of recommended Go instruction books
Web Sites - resources for instruction, history, equipment

Questions? We're listening. We think you'll like what you see!

Anton