Thanks to all who responded. Here are some good sources:

There's one about Harriet Tubman..... It's on page 142 of From Sea to Shining
Sea - A Treasury of American Folklore and Folk Songs

I don't have the book here but I think this poem is in the Rosemary
and Stephen Vincent Benet's  book of narrative story poems.
A Book of Americans -- (Henry Holt, 1997 pb) earlier in hardback.
I believe it is out-of-print now but should be available in dozens of
libraries.

From a note on Amazon:
From the author of John Brown's Body, Stephen Vincent Bene't, with
the help of Rosemary Bene't have compiled a beautiful book of poetry.
All of the poems are about Famous americans. Before each poem in the
book is the year the American was born and the year the American
died. Truly great poems about Americans like Christopher Columbus,
Nancy Hanks, and poor James Buchanan.

Try Nobody Owns the Sky by Reeve Lindburgh -- it's a story in rhyme about
the life of the first Black female flyer, Bessie Coleman.  Great story
and illustrations -- and still in print I just discovered (had to order
it for my new library).

Have you seen All by Herself by Ann Whitford Paul? She also wrote Eight
Hands Round. Poems about some famous and not so famous women. Bio info in
back.

Nancy Polette has a book called "The Fighter Wore a Skirt."  It is
described as 32 original narrative poems and biographies taht tell the
struggles and accomplishments of many courageous women, including Molly
Pitcher, Dolley Madison, Mary Harris Jones and others.  The number for
their catalog is 1-800-729-5137.

In "Honey I Love" (Eloise Greenfield) there is a great one about Harriet
Tubman.

Nancy Hagler
Library Teacher
Queens Valley School