After 30 years as grade school librarian in the same school in our small school
district I was informed that I would be moved to the high school library this year.
 Naturaly I was a bit shell shocked by the news! However, after taking stock of
what I have accomplished over the last 30 years I find that I am not leaving
anything unfinished that is going to haunt me.  I was able to walk out feeling that
I had no need to look back.  I have been getting acquainted with my new library and
am beginning to become excited about the possibilities of this new position.  I am,
however, feeling a bit at sea.  There are so many things that I need to learn about
that I am not sure were to start. I am sure there are others on the list who have
made similar changes.  I would appreciate any suggestions that any of you might
have to help with the transition.  What activities occupy the lion's share of your
time?  What would you recommend concentrating on for the beginning of the year?
Are the
 re things that I can do now that will help when school starts?  Where would you
start?

"We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities."
-Pogo

Paula Bainter
Ellsworth High School
Ellsworth, Kansas 67439