Hi,  I was wondering if anyone might have some ideas for a project that I am
working on for a Curriculum Course that I am taking.  I am elementary certified and
must create a secondary program for k-12 certification.  I have to plan a two week
summer enrichment program for a high school Students.  It must be creative and fun.
 I am having trouble deciding on a program topic.  Some are developing programs to
get girls or boys to read for pleasure.  I was thinking of doing something that
would foster an appreciation for literature and information literacy skills.  If I
choose this topic my Title would  be LIBRARY a-LURE-ment.  I must come up with a
program of events for 10 days.
This is what I have come up with so far:
"Find Your Fortune in the Library" (literature library scavenger hunt)
"Fishing for a Good Book" (Author visits and signings)
"Luring Cakewalk" (Cakewalk of authors and book titles)
"Cast Your Bait"  (booktalks on a variety of genres of books)
"Reeling in a Rainbow (book illustration contest)
"Heading Upstream" (field trip to Hemmingway House)

These are just some of the ideas I have had but need more.  Can anyone help or
would anyone have any other ideas for a creative program that could be developed
for a secondary curriculum?  I must justify a need for the program.  The budget is
unlimited. (Wouldn't that be nice in the real world?)  If anyone has any ideas it
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robin White

Robin White