Dear friends,
    I owe a huge thank you to this community of people; our server (serves
high school and middle) crashed last week and all was lost. However, because
you all gave such strong warnings and advice last school year about not
trusting the server back ups and the advice about making sure librarians
were personally backing up their data, my marc records for our 9,000 book
collection and our AR information is safe! I had asked our tech to show me
late last fall how to do a back up to my hard drive (which is what we used
to retrieve the data lost on the server) and to do zip back ups. This was
especially important to me now because I had just spent one half of this
summer going through our entire nonfiction selection, weeding, updating
records, and changing the old AR levels to the newer ones. All that work
would have been lost! And to add to the drama, our inservice begins
tomorrow; there would never have been time to start all over and be ready
for school to start. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I continue to use this
group as an on-going workshop and am forever grateful for all I learn from
you.

Carol Wirwa, Librarian
Crockett County Middle School
Alamo, TN 38001