My colleague and I are developing a K-12 Information Literacy curriculum for
our school (what a fun summer), and we have several resources available to
review; however, although I have seen several different types of approaches
for high school students (my area), my colleague is still not sure how this
works with elementary students.  I have shown her the Big6 websites,
examples from books, the resources that I've ordered from Libraries
Unlimited (about 15 books), as well as other resources that I've gathered
throughout the years.

If anyone has an example of a K-12 Information Literacy curriculum already
developed for their school and wouldn't mind sharing, I would appreciate it.
At this point I am showing examples from various print sources but it's not
"clicking" when we take it to her level (and quite frankly, I have a 5-12
grade level to work on myself while she is working on the K-4 level; I can
use any help in showing her some examples already written so that I can
continue to work on my project before school begins.)  --Is that selfish?
Because this is a team approach, I am trying to help but I keep stopping and
starting to help her which is frustrating for me at this time.

Our completed project will be the K-12 curriculum, a PowerPoint program for
teachers to use and learn from, and a website that students can visit during
the year to help them develop their research strategies. Aside from my 5-12
curriculum, I will be the one to develop the PowerPoint presentation from
our curriculum AND create the website, so my work is a little more involved.
Your examples will certainly help "spark the creative juices" with my
colleague and allow me to get back to work on the other things that I must
handle.

Thanks in Advance.

~Shonda Brisco
Trinity Valley MS / US Librarian