Hi, `Netters,
My colleague needs help finding resources for writing her very interesting =
master's thesis.  She is in Hong Kong.  I hope someone can help her =
improve the search strategies she describes below, or access databases she =
can use from here.  If an interlibrary loan with you could be arranged, =
our library would like to support her in getting resources you might be =
able to provide. Perhaps someone might volunteer to coach her through =
e-mail or by phone (she can call very cheaply from here.) Please e-mail =
your help directly to her at shirmcla@hotmail.com .  THANKS IN ADVANCE... =
read on!

To Whom it May Concern,

I am a Canadian graduate student working overseas while residing in Hong =
Kong. I am completing my thesis, the final stage of my Master's Degree. At =
present I am compiling information for my literature review. I plan to =
carry out a cross-cultural, comparative study, on women in leadership and =
education. This will be a qualitative study. I hope to shadow 5 women =
principals from 5 different cultures including: HK Chinese, British, =
Philipino, Canadian and American. I will shadow for one day. There will =
also be an interview component to discover the reasons these women moved =
into leadership positions and to document their professional histories. =
This will be carried out in international schools in HK.=20

I have already searched using these terms:

Cross-cultural case studies,=20
women in leadership and education,=20
leadership and culture,=20
leadership and gender. =20

I have found a number of studies through ERIC. At this point I have very =
few complete articles. I have very few studies from other sources. I have =
tried: Business Source Elite, Professional Development Collection, =
Academic Search Premier and CBCA Fulltext Education (Canadian) and Google.

I am interested in any full-text articles related to this specific topic, =
cross-cultural studies of women in leadership.  Thank you in advance for =
your assistance in this matter!

Sincerely,

Shirley McLachlin at shirmcla@hotmail.com

... and Margaret Carpenter
Library Assistant at Hong Kong International School
Hong Kong (telephone 852-2812-5320)
mcarpenter@hkis.edu.hk