Thanks to everyone who responded to my post.  Every response I received was
valuable, and I'll be using these to help make our decision to take on
textbooks or not.  I am looking into Textlink from Follett, as I really
want to keep textbook stats separate from library materials.  Below is my
original post followed by the responses I received.

My Original Post:
One of our teachers has asked me to circulate classroom textbooks through
our Follett system.  (I knew this day would come!)  As much as I would like
to provide this service, I am very hesitant for a number of reasons,
primarily because I know that if I do it for one teacher, I will need to
provide this service to everybody, and I would like to hear your comments
on the following issues:

Your thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages of circulating textbooks
through the library.
How do you manage your reports (collection and circulation) with the
addition of the textbooks?
Do you have to close your library at the beginning and/or end of the year
to deal with textbooks?  (We are currently open every day of the school year.)
Because I would not be given any extra help in this project, I would need
to clearly separate library and teacher responsibilities (teachers
responsible for barcoding, stamping, and dealing with damages and
overdues)  Anyone try this and have problems?
And of course, storage is a concern...

If you use a textbook-specific program, I'd love to hear about them as well.

We are a small school with under 25 staff members, so we wouldn't be
talking masses of teachers, but it is a busy library and just me...

Again, your comments would be a BIG help in assisting me in my
decision.  Thanks in advance for your help!