To all of you who responded, thank you for your time and input. Your advice,
instructions, and reflections most definitely supported the position that my
colleague and I took when we met with the district tech coordinator. She has
contacted Sagebrush to resolve the snafu regarding tech support and other issues in
particular corrupted databases. Interestingly enough, it has been discovered that
the other three school libraries did budget for tech support. This line item was
approved and these moneys are currently available for tech support. Unfortunately,
not the full amount to cover the reinstatement fee. Being an eternal optimist,
there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Our district tech coordinator will be placing the Winnebago Spectrum on the
district-wide server which is networked to all the schools. This will be done
within the next few weeks, once she has "ironed out" the bugs in the new server. At
this time, our
single stations for the automated card catalogs are not attached to a printer. None
of the libraries have printing capacity due to the
installation of the new district-way server. There are no zip drives for us to use
-- an issue I find a bit disconcerting. Backing up our collections is not possible
right at this time.

I am continuing to manually correct my holdings -- inserting the correct material
type and material number. I maintain a daily log
of work conducted on Winnebago Spectrum -- before, during and after school.

Your support, commiseration, and advice is most appreciated by Ann and I. You give
credence to LM_NET's true mission.
Thank you.

Maureen D. Aube
mdaube@together.net
"Children remind us of who we were while helping us to see who we have become."