How about gluing old book jackets to the walls and varnishing over them? We
have TONS we could spare (until recently, we dealt with a vendor that
included them and we don't use plasic jackets, since they're too
labor-intensive for the amount of manhours we can give to book processing)
and I'd be happy to send you an assortment for 10 cents a jacket plus cost
of postage. You can even ask for certain authors or titles! If you're
interested, e-mail me off-list...

Yeah, I could be even nicer and offer them for free, but this is a tight
budget year, so I can't afford to ship them; as it is, my principal is
begging me to do whatever I can to pull in more $$ for library... I have NO
budget for supplies this year, for example. This is an unusual thing for us
(I usually have a decent amount), but enrollment is down by ten students
this year and salaries and dept. budget $$ come from tuition.

Anyway, I think a wall done in book jackets would be gorgeous. I used to
cover the library door with them, when we were downstairs. I still use a few
on a small bulletin board over the picture book area, but I have boxes and
boxes of jackets I'll never use again.

And I typo'd how much a Kapco jacket is from Mackin... I meant $1.79, not
.79! One of the customer service people from there called me this morning to
thank me for my nice words and correct me. (Did you know that vendors are
lurking out there on the list fringe? I didn't... so, speak up, I guess, if
there's something you want them to know!) I really do like working with
them, they bend over backwards to make sure you're happy with their service.
(Thanks, Peggy! <wink>)

Betty Winslow, Media Center Director
BGCA, Bowling Green, OH
freelancer@wcnet.org