I need some help. I am trying to speed up the checkout
process and simplify it .  Does anyone out there require
their students (1st,  2nd, and 3rd graders) to memorize
their patron numbers for check-out?   Maybe I'm the only
one left that doesn't???  I have always had the kids tell
us their last name, then we use a patron book to find it,
scan it, and check-out. I think having them tell us their
patron number would be so much more efficient, especially
since we operate with many volunteer mothers.   However, I
am uncertain of the process I should use to have them
memorize it.  Any good ideas?

Someone told me that they tell the kids if they can
memorize their number the next time they visit the
library, they receive a Jolly Rancher.   What procedures
do some of you use to have kids memorize their
numbers???  Thanks for your assistance.

Linda Conn, Librarian
Ridge View Elementary,  Warrensburg, MO 64093
lconn@warrensburg.k12.mo.us