Good day, gentle LMTs/LMSs/Teacher-Librarians/et al,

My goodness, I've been busy recently. I'm not complaining, though. It
is a good busy. In fact, I have so many good things happening at
once, I need some help with a couple of them as time is ticking.

One of the major good things I have going is one of my new principals
wants to spend money in the library and he wants to get started NOW.
I don't want to mess up an opportunity like that by saying, sorry, I
have all these other things on my plate, but I *do* have these other
good and useful things I said I would do, as well.

Last month, K-12 LMTs, principals and curriculum directors met to
update our district library plan. I came away with a couple of jobs.
I may ask CALIBK12 for help on the other, as it relates to
correlating state standardized test questions, curriculum standards
and library standards: an advocacy document.

I have been asked to devise an easy to use and effective rubric for
principals when they come into the library media center, quickly
assessing the learning environment and experience.

Instead of relying entirely on my weary little brain, I thought I'd
ask the amazing collective and glean and format a truly useful and
constructive document (rather than a tool to berate the overworked),
which I would share with all interested parties.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give,
Barbara

--
Barbara Adams Currier
K-6 Library Media Teacher