Dear LM_Netters-

[Here is the previous post that I referred to in a post I made to the list.  I had
forgotten to add my email address so it didn't go through.  I will paste the second
query after and then it will all make sense!]

I am a substitute librarian in a high school. The previous librarian, who left
suddenly, left a request form for a "wish list" offered by the PTSO. The due
date is December 5 and there will be no LMS in here by then!

The aide said that the previous librarian bemoaned the state  of the print atlas
and we figure that that we could request
one that is of good quality and still falls within a reasonable cost frame.  I will
probably request several and see what we get.

Can you recommend a quality atlas? I hate to make a request when I know so
little about it, but I hate more to see the money go somewhere other than the
library!

Thank you so much,
Barb Fecteau

ipsofecteau@verizon.net
LM graduate student
Salem State College
temporarily at
Beverly High School Library

<<Dear LM_NETers,

Forgive the second post.

I am asking for atlas recommendations that are specific. We have a nice Oxford
World atlas from 2003 and a Historical Atlas of World Religions that is fairly
current but other than those - not much. They have an "Atlas of the United
States: A Thematic and Comparative Approach" from 1986 that is an interesting
format, but hopelessly out of date. There is nothing current regarding the
US.

I assume it is obvious from this that I have much to learn! I am in a great
place to do it though--

Thanks for your help-

Barb Fecteau
ipsofecteau@verizon.net