Sorry all - saw the mess that came through before. I'll try again.
My original request was for the novels that are being taught in MS
(we're 7-8) as I have and English teacher tired of what they teach, and
looking for new ideas. This is a list of the titles that I got. Numbers
next to the title indicate how many people listed that book. Thanks
again,
 Teri

100 best loved poems

Baseball in April             Soto, Gary

2 Bearstone                   Hobbs, Will

Big lie, The                    Leitner, Isabella

Big wave                       Buck, Pearl

Black pearl                    O'dell, Scott

Bud, not Buddy              Curtis, Christopher Paul

Call it courage               Sperry, Armstrong

5 Call of the wild            London, Jack

Canterbury Tales            Chaucer, Geoffrey

Catherine called Birdy    Cushman, Karen

Cay, The                       Taylor, Theodore

2 Christmas Carol          Dickens, Charles

Circle of gold                 Boyd, Candy

City of the beasts           Allende, Isabel

2 Clay marble                Ho, Mingfong

2 Contender, The           Lipsyte, Robert

Cowboys don't cry          Halvorson, Marilyn

Dance to still music       Corcoran, Barbara

Daniel's story                 Matas, Carol

Dark side of nowhere      Shusterman, Neal

Day no pigs would die    Peck, Robert

Deathwatch                   White, Robb

5 Diary of a young girl     Frank, Anne

Don't look behind you     Duncan, Lois

Downriver                      Hobbs, Will

Dragonwings                  Yep, Laurence

Fahrenheit 451               Bradbury, Ray

3 Farewell to Manzanar Houston, Jeanne Wakasuki

Flight #116 is down        Cooney, Caroline

Flowers from Algernon    Keyes, Daniel

Gentlehands                  Kerr, M.E.

4 Giver                          Lowry, Lois

Glory field                      Myers, Walter Dean

Great Gilly Hopkins        Paterson, Katherine

2 Hatchet                      Paulsen, Gary

Heaven                          Johnson, Angela

Hiroshima                      Yep, Laurence

Hobbit                           Tolkien, J.R.R

Holes                            Sacher, Louis

2 Homecoming              Voight, Cynthia

Honus and me               Gutman, Dan

Hound of the Baskervilles   Doyle, Arthur C.

2 House of Dies Drear    Hamilton, Virginia

I have lived a thousand years     Bitton-Jackson, Livia

I, Juan de Pareja            Trevino, E.B.

In my father's house       Rinaldi, Ann

Invitation to the game     Hughes, Monica

2 Island of the blue dolphins   O'dell, Scott

Izzy Willy-Nilly               Voight, Cynthia

J.T.                               Wagner, Jane

Jacob have I loved          Paterson, Katherine

2 Johnny Tremain           Forbes, Esther

Joyride                          Olsen, Gretchen

Julie of the wolves          George, Jean C.

Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore     Nixon, Joan Lowry

Teri Padua / Media Director
Northwestern Regional MS/HS
Winsted, CT 06098
tapadua@yahoo.com