Thanks to all who shared examples!

Linda Lenahan
Sacred Heart Academy
3175 Lexington Road
Louisville, KY 40206
llenahan@sacredheartacad.com

At the beginning of the year, I did paper newsletters (most of my =
faculty were still learning email). Now, I email the newsletters. I =
include titles of new books, announcements about professional =
development opportunities, services of the library, and special library =
activities/contests. Also, we have GALILEO (Georigia's online library). =
The password changes every so often. I highlight anything that I think =
will be beneficial to them (PeachStar announcements (our state's =
educational broadcast), webstreaming, etc.).
I have not done a formal newsletter this year.  I did several last year.
 I emailed it to staff and found it to be well received.  However - it
just got to be a burden doing it.  I find that I get as good - or better
subject areas.  Our local shared video library sends aroung monthly
lists of titles targeted to various subject areas.  I always send them
on the staff as well.

For several years I did do a monthly newsletter, printed always on the =
same bright blue paper, but I didn't put it in any mailboxes. I posted =
it in the faculty bathrooms !
I got clear sleeves to affix to the wall above the sinks (and urinals), =
and on the insides of the stalls. (another reason for befriending the =
custodians!)
After a while, when teachers started asking for stuff they'd read about =
on the "Toilet Paper" I knew I'd found a successful strategy.

I do a quarterly newsletter for my staff and send it by e-mail as well =
as hanging it in strategic places throughout my school. I will attach a =
copy of the most recent "Media Moments". I also send out "Cares , =
Concerns and Celebrations", by e-mail only, as the occasion arises =
(sometimes once a week, sometimes more). For example, I might list =
births, awards, graduations, etc. under "Celebrations". Under "Cares and =
Concerns", I list deaths, illness,etc. This helps my large staff (Over =
100) stay in touch and helps the media center be a hub of communication =
for our school. From time to time I also send out announcements via =
e-mail. Almost all of my staff checks theirs regularly so this works =
well for us. I hope this helps.
I do print.  I include interesting websites, listing of some new =
materials, couple of reviews, computer/audiovisual tips, and other =
topics related to professional articles, procedures, etc.  It's just a =
small front/back thing. Nothing fancy.

Yes I send a faculty newsletter every other month. I publish it on our =
school website and also send it via e-mail to the staff and =
administration.=20
I try to include any library related announcements (changes in =
schedules, policy updates, etc.), book/material announcements, =
interesting new websites, interesting calendar items, and this year I =
started a column focusing on copyright laws pertaining to education.=20
The last newsletter was not very exciting, but please feel free to take =
a look. =
<http://www.selco.lib.mn.us/lewiston/LAHS%20staff%20newsletter.htm>

I e-mail out new materials lists when I have enough to
warrant it.  I also pass along websites and other
stuff as I get it.  We still have a couple of people
who don't e-mail so I post a copy in the faculty mail
room.  I think this is the last year for that.  No
e-mail?  You're out of the loop.