Here is my take on the big issues. I am the only librarian in a high =
school
of 450 students.

>>What is the biggest problem you face consistently on the job?

The biggest problem for me is the extent to which the role of a school
librarian has grown over the years, and how my expectations of myself =
have
grown also. I find myself in conflict, wanting to do all of the possible
jobs and do each of them perfectly. There is not enough time in the day =
catalog books perfectly, maintain displays and other physical qualities =
of
the library to make it a showcase for the school, help each student who
needs some support in their learning, collaborate with teachers, provide
technology support to the school, maintain the cyberlibrary, train and
supervise my student assistants, facilitate distance learning, provide
library skills instruction, and all of the other tasks and duties that =
have
been assigned to me or that I have chose to take on.=20

>>What has contributed the most to the success of your media center or =
your
technology program?

I would have to say (at risk of being considered a brown-noser) that the
greatest contributer to the success of my program is LM_Net. Through the
collective wisdom here and the resources I learn about through my =
membership
in LM_Net I have learned more valuable lessons about running an =
exceptional
library program than I ever learned in my formal education in the field.

Deb Waugh
Librarian/Instructional Technologist
The Emmett G. Shufflebarger Library
at Graham High School