LM-Netters,

posters, ALA Graphics has released the READ CD, a digital resource
including poster templates, backgrounds, type styles, and most
importantly, a license to allow Libraries, Media Centers, and Literacy
Groups to create their own READ posters and bookmarks.  Ownership of the
CD is your license to use the ALA READ trademark in non-profit,
promotional uses.  READ Posters can be of students, faculty, staff,
parents, and local celebrities - you can make one for every child in a
reading program or class.  The posters you create with the CD can be
used as incentives, awards, recognitions, or just-for-fun projects.
Everyone is a celebrity when they READ.  More information about the CD
is available online at www.alastore.ala.org and click on 'Digital Art'.

The READ CD contains 16 different background posters, 14 READs in
different type styles, 6 bookmark files, and 6 layered Photoshop files.
Backgrounds and type can be used in any photo editing software. Layered
Photoshop files require at least ver 4.5 to use.  Posters can be any
size you want, from wallet to wall size, depending on how you lay-out
your files.  The READ CD also contains helpful suggestions on using the
posters in other ways- as greeting cards, stickers, trading cards, or
even sun catchers, for example.

Please note that ALA has not changed it's policy on the use of the READ
trademark with this new product release.  Permission to use the READ
trademark is limited to purchasers of the READ CD.  READ is a registered
trademark of the American Library Association and use outside of the
terms of the license and ownership of the CD is not allowed.   The
license on the CD is for a single school, library, or librarian and is
not district wide.

Single copies of the READ CD are $99.00, with very deep discounts (as
low as $35.00 each) for multiple copy purchases by a system or district
for individual schools. You can buy the CD at www.alastore.ala.org, or
by phoning toll-free 866-SHOP-ALA.  I will welcome both on- and off-list
questions or comments.  Thanks for letting me share information about
this important new release.  Hopefully, it will help you do your jobs
more effectively and will be a fun addition to your student
interactions.

Best Regards,

John

PS.  I'll be in San Diego for MidWinter until Tuesday but checking my
email now and then.  Thanks Again!  JFC

John Chrastka
American Library Association
Graphics Department