-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Gallagher-Hayashi [mailto:daichan@shaw.ca]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 12:41 AM
To: Amanda Credaro; LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: HUMOR: Plagiarism

 Did anyone happen to keep a copy of this article?  I went to check it and
was unable to access it.  I would love to read it and would really
appreciate a copy of it.  TIA,

Dear all,

The article is "still there", although I had to track it through a Google
News search.  Following the advice of many (thanks again), its Tiny URL is:

http://tinyurl.com/28wot

The following may also maybe of interest:

"How plagiarism on the internet has become part of the campus culture".
It starts with "One in four students admits to cheating his or her way
through degrees using material from friends or the internet [sic], according
to a survey of this year's university graduates ..."
http://tinyurl.com/2og9c

And, just for a laugh: Critic copied own work - "The Miami Herald fired an
arts and culture critic after discovering he had copied from articles he had
written for other newspapers ..."
http://tinyurl.com/ypqlm

Or the jaw-dropper: Turnitin.com Infringes Upon Student's Rights -
"Turnitin.com is undeniably an effective deterrent to plagiarism, but it is
the very issue of copyright infringement that has people questioning the
legality of the site ..."
http://tinyurl.com/2k5bp

Finally, for the sake of information dissemination: Greek gods plan to beat
Roman challengers  - "The Greeks invented the word 'plagiarism' but they say
it was the Romans who perfected the art, hijacking the Hellenic culture they
admired ..."
http://tinyurl.com/3fe4r

Amanda Credaro

Editor: Warrior Librarian Weekly