There are a few PR things that I do in the HS where I work. I just started a
library newletter to let everyone (including the superintendent) know what
is going on the the media center. This year it was kind of an end-of-year
wrap up and list of accomplishments. I am contemplating writing one more
often. Another thing is that I go to all of the teacher staff meetings even
though it is not in my contract to do so. It keeps me in touch with what the
teachers are doing, the problems they are facing and the issues they are
addressing. It also gives me a chance to interject pertinent information
about the MC and to be a real part of the staff. I have used time in these
staff meetings to make presentations about things that I can do for teachers
such as pathfinders, hotlists, etc. I am involved in as many activities as
possible. This means I have done everything from attend sporting events and
join committees to playing Britney Spears in the homecoming pep assembly. I
also like to involve the teachers in contests that I run in the MC such as
my favorite books contest where I had teachers select their favorite books
and students guessed which teacher selected which book. Also, teachers
really like it when you enlist their suggestions for book purchases. I have
done library/curriculum mapping with a couple different departments with
great success.
Hope this helps.

Marsha Redd, Librarian
Kelloggsville High School