Here are a few:

Football for Dummies by Howie Long

Bloody Sundays:  Inside the Dazzling, Rough-and-Tumble World of the NFL by
Mike Freeman

Essential Vince Lombardi: Words and Wisdom to Motivate, Inspire, and Win by
Vince Lombardi

Friday Night Heroes: A Look at Texas High School Football by Carlton Stowers

Friday Night Lights:  A Town, a team and a Dream by H.G. Bissinger

I am Third:  the Inspiration for Brian's Song by Gale Sayers

It's Not Over 'Til It's Over by Al Silverman

You might also want to run a check through some of the online vendors'
catalogs to find specific titles that might appeal to your coach / high
school boys.  Companies like Follett (Titlewave), Mackin, or even Southwest
Book Company have great online catalogs that will allow you to choose books
based upon different critieria (reading levels, subjects, interests, etc.)

Good luck!

~Shonda Brisco
Trinity Valley MS /US Librarian
Fort Worth, TX