I just had to comment on Leah Hawkins' discussion of viewing the end credits
of movies such as HP. I have always been an avid viewer of end credits. I
often cheer the costumers, animal handlers, grips, or whoever else seemed to
do an excellent job. I especially enjoy the extras that have been added to
recent movies such as Shrek2 and HP:PoA. I even enjoy credits on DVD! I am
even more likely to cheer since I found out that crew members will
occasionally slip into filmings to see reaction (not likely in my city, but
just in case ...).

unusually and tediously long, I would point out that everyone who put forth
effort on the film deserves their 2 inches and 10 seconds of fame,
especially if they did a good job. I often learn interesting things about a
film and filmmaking in general from end credits, such as filming locations
and mixtures of film animation styles (HP used several different companies
and styles to achieve the marvelous special effects). These add spice to the
discussions I have with friends about the movie's relative merits. It has
also opened up discussions with rather reticent "geek" students in my high
school. I once got a student to open up with an in-depth discussion of the
style of filming of the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King-- a student
who had barely spoken three words previously. Of course, it helps that I
grew up in a household that valued the whole movie and where we regularly
discussed film, television, songs, books, etc. I come from a family of
"geeks".

Hope Taylor
Librarian, proud film and science fiction geek
Kennedy HS, Edgewood ISD
San Antonio, TX