Thanks Sybil!

Here are a few other recent publications that focus on children.

1) Libraries--Children
Source: University of Maryland, Human-Computer Interaction Lab
The Role of Books, Libraries, Technology, and Culture in Children's Lives:
An International case study
ftp://ftp.cs.umd.edu/pub/hcil/Reports-Abstracts-Bibliography/2004-16html/2004-16.pdf

2)
Source: World Health Organization
Just Released, Full Text,

Inheriting the world: The atlas of children's health and the environment
http://www.who.int/ceh/publications/atlas/en/index.html

"Full-colour maps and graphics clearly demonstrate the threats that
children face everywhere, and underscore the impact of poverty on
children's health."

3) Children--United States--Statistics
Source: Population Connection
 Kid Friendly Cities
http://www.kidfriendlycities.org/2004/

From the site: "This is the ninth edition of Population Connection's report
on children and cities. Its mission is to present the best available data
on the social, economic, educational and physical environment in our
cities--exactly where our children live, grow, learn and play." Several
lists and rankings.

4) Full Text Report,  Health Behaviour in School-aged Children Study
http://www.euro.who.int/youthhealth/HBSC/20030130_2

"The Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) study is collaborative
cross-national research supported by WHO/Europe. It is conducted by a
multi-disciplinary network of researchers from 36 countries and regions in
the WHO European Region and North America, and coordinated by the
University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom. The number of countries
involved is rising. The study seeks new insight into adolescents' health,
health behaviour and lifestyles in the social context. It examines young
people aged 11, 13 and 15 years."

5)
ource: NCES
New Report, Before- and After-School Care, Programs, and Activities of
Children
From the report, "This new report provides insight into the complex and
varied ways kindergarten through eighth graders in the nation spend their
time out of school."
http://nces.ed.gov/pubsearch/pubsinfo.asp?pubid=2004008

cheers,
gary

Visit ResourceShelf (New Reports, Library Resources, Search News)
Updated Daily!!!
http://www.resourceshelf.com

--
Gary D. Price, MLIS