Thanks to all who helped me come up with an very extensive list of websites
for planet research.  Thier suggested websites follow:

This is an excellent site:

The Nine Planets http://www.seds.org/nineplanets/nineplanets/

You are welcome to use any ofthe sites on our library page....
http://lps.lexingtonma.org/Libdept/elem.lib./grade4.html#solar

http://www.frontiernet.net/~kidpower/astronomy.html

http://www.kidsastronomy.com/

http://www.astronomy.com/content/static/AstroForKids/default.asp

http://mercury.nineplanets.org:8011/tnp4kids/

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/solar_system_level1/planets.ht
ml

Today's scientists [web site] /
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School.
Grade levels: g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8.
University of Michigan. University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.
http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/people/today.html&edu=elem

Earthrise [web site] : Pluto /(term(s) matched 7 times)
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10.
Rose, Adam.
Koh, Doris.
Roth, Joey.
http://library.thinkquest.org/25401/data/pluto

7. StarDate online [web site] : solar system guide /(term(s) matched 8
times)
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g1, g2, g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.
McDonald Observatory.
http://stardate.org/resources/ssguide/
http://radiouniverso.org/

. The sky [web site] /(term(s) matched 7 times)
Suitable for Middle School, High School, Public Library, Academic Library.
Grade levels: g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.
Sea and Sky.
http://www.seasky.org/sky.html

KidsAstronomy.com [web site] : a universe of discovery /(term(s) matched 5
times)
Materials for teachers and students.
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.

http://www.kidsastronomy.com/

Gander Academy's astronomy Web resources [web site] /(term(s) matched 5
times)
Materials for teachers and students.
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g5, g6, g7, g8, g9.
Cornish, Jim.
http://www.stemnet.nf.ca/CITE/astronomy.htm

SpaceKids [web site] /(term(s) matched 5 times)
Materials for teachers and students.
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School.
Grade levels: g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8.

http://www.spacekids.com/

Arty the part time astronaut [web site] /(term(s) matched 6 times)
Materials for teachers and students.
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.

http://www.artyastro.com/artyastro.htm

http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/our_solar_system/solar_system.html

AstroWeb [web site] : astronomical Internet resources /(term(s) matched 5
times)
Suitable for Middle School, High School, Public Library, Academic Library.
Grade levels: g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.
Jackson, Bob.
http://www.stsci.edu/science/net-resources.html

NASA [web site] /(term(s) matched 5 times)
Materials for teachers.
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.
Thompson, Elvia.
Dunbar, Brian.
Chow, K. F.
http://www.nasa.gov/

The Yerkes Observatory virtual tour [web site] /(term(s) matched 5 times)
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.

http://astro.uchicago.edu/vtour/

 Origins [web site] : galaxies, stars, planets ... and life /(term(s)
matched 6 times)
Materials for teachers.
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g1, g2, g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.
Michel'le.
Kawasaki, Kristy.
http://origins.jpl.nasa.gov/

 Exploring planets in the classroom [web site] : hands-on activities
/(term(s) matched 7 times)
Materials for teachers and students.
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g2, g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.
Hawai'i Space Grant Consortium.
Martel, Linda.
http://www.spacegrant.hawaii.edu/class_acts/index.html

Exploratorium observatory [web site] /(term(s) matched 5 times)
Materials for teachers.
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g1, g2, g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/observatory/

        59. A virtual journey into the universe [web site] /(term(s) matched
6 times)
Suitable for Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Public Library,
Academic Library.
Grade levels: g3, g4, g5, g6, g7, g8, g9, g10, g11, g12.
Young-Hsee.
Russell.
Cho, Hang.
Karyn.
http://library.thinkquest.org/28327/

SUBJECT: RE: SPACE SITES

http://observe.arc.nasa.gov/nasa/core.shtml.html
NASA's Observatorium

http://users.commkey.net/Braeunig/space/
Rocket and Space Technology

http://www.astronautix.com/spaceflt.htm
Encyclopedia Astronautica

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/
Center for Science Education

http://planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov/
Planet Quest

http://www.seds.org/billa/tnp/
Nine Planets

http://www.spacegrant.hawaii.edu/class_acts/
Exploring Planets in the Classroom: Hands-on Activities

                Mars rover Spirit has landed in Gusev Crater
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/05jan_spirit.htm?list886219

                Mars rover Spirit has landed in Gusev Crater
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/31dec_stardust.htm?list886219

We got this Mars website when the Rover landed recently and began
sending back pictures.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

Have you seen this one.  I think it's great.
http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/nineplanets/nineplanets/nineplanets.html

I've got a page up that might be helpful:  mciu.org/~spjvweb/planets.html

You need to check out the site
nine planets
You can access it at various sites so put it into google and click on one.

     I think the sites on my web page are good ones for 6th graders.
http://www.nksd.net/schools/dms/library/curr.htm#astronomy

Astronomy for Kids: The Planets
http://www.dustbunny.com/afk/planets/planets.htm
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/solar_system/
The NASA Jet Propulsion Lab has everything you need to know about the Solar
System.

Origins Education Forum @ http://origins.stsci.edu/under/understanding.shtml
Everything you ever wanted to know about the origins of the planets and
other celestial bodies can be found here. Comprehensive, but easy to
understand.The Nine Planets: A Multimedia Tour of the Solar System
http://www.seds.org/nineplanets/nineplanets/nineplanets.html
Scientific and historical Information on the planets and moons in the solar
system.

Welcome to the Planets
http://pds.jpl.nasa.gov/planets/
From NASA comes this picture tour of the planets, with accompanying written
and sound captions. Also includes information on Hubble, Mariner, Mars
Pathfinder and other explorers

The ones I most commonly use for my 6th grade planet research can be found
at (sorry for the lengthy URL)
http://www.oneidany.org/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectionde
tailid=699 I have not updated these for this years 6th grade research
project, but checked and there weren't any dead links.

Since the kids are creating an ad this might be of interest:

http://spacewander.com/USA/english.html

Planet Quest

This informative and comprehensive site tracks the search for new planets.
Visitors to the site learn about the science of planetary discovery,
possible habitable planets, instruments, and missions. Join the Planet
Finder Club and search the New Worlds Atlas for newly discovered planets and
planetary system information. Educator resources, multimedia gallery, and
related project links are included. Supported by NASA and sponsored by the
Jet Propulsion Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology.
http://planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov/

Nine Planets

An excellent site for demonstrating the educational and visual appeal of the
Internet. Nine Planets contains information, pictures, and statistics
relating to the nine planets and their sun and moons. Information about
comets, meteors, "other solar systems," clouds, and asteroids is also
presented.
http://www.seds.org/billa/tnp/

Exploring Planets in the Classroom: Hands-on Activities

This site presents more than 25 science activities with "classroom-ready
pages for both teachers and students for exploring Earth, the planets,
geology, and space sciences." Related annotated links are also included.
http://www.spacegrant.hawaii.edu/class_acts/

Try this link:

http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/billa/tnp/

Susan Guerant